9. Elmore, R. (1996, March). Staff development and instructional improvement: Community District 2, New York City. Paper prepared for the National Commission on Teaching and America's Future.
10. Exemplars, (1995, October). 3(2). (http://www.exemplars.com, 271 Poker Hill Road, Underhill, VT 05489.)
11. Khattri, N. et al. (1995). How performance assessments affect teaching and learning. Educational Leadership, 53(3), 80–83.
12. Lambdin, D. V., Kehle, P. E., and Preston, R. V. (Eds.). (1996). Emphasis on assessment: Readings from NCTM's school-based journals. Reston, VA: NCTM.
13. Lindquist, M. M., Dossey, J. A., and Mullis, I. V. S. (1995). Reaching standards: A progress report on mathematics. Princeton, NJ: Educational Testing Service.
14. Little, J. W. (1993). Teachers' professional development in a climate of educational reform. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 15(2), 129–151.
15. Loucks-Horsley, S. and Stiegelbauer, S. (1991). Using knowledge of change to guide staff development. In A. Lieberman and L. Miller, Staff development for education in the 90's (pp. 15–36). New York: Teachers College Press.
16. Loucks-Horsley, S., Stiles, K, and Hewson, P. (1996). Principles of effective professional development for mathematics and science education: A synthesis of standards. NISE Brief, 1(1).
17. Miller, B., Lord, B., and Dorney, J. (1994). Staff development for teachers: A study of configurations and costs in four districts . Newton, MA: Education Development Center.
18. National Assessment of Educational Progress. (1983). The Third National Mathematics Assessment: Results, trends, and issues (No. 13-MA-01). Denver, CO: Education Commission of the States.
19. National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics. (1996). Great tasks and more!!: A sourcebook of camera-ready resource on mathematics assessment. Golden, CO: Author.
20. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1989). Curriculum and evaluation standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
21. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1991). Professional standards or teaching mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
22. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1993). Communications handbook. Reston, VA: Author.
23. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1995). Assessment standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
24. National Research Council. (1989). Everybody counts: A report to the nation on the future of mathematics education . Washington, DC: National Academy Press.