ticularly assessment of the relative risk of progression to other drugs following marijuana use.
· Review of the literature determining which chemical components of crude marijuana are responsible for possible therapeutic effects and for side effects.
· Evaluation of any conclusions on the medical use of marijuana drawn by other groups.
· Efficacy and side effects of various delivery systems for marijuana compared to existing medications for glaucoma, wasting syndrome, pain, nausea, or other symptoms.
· Differential effects of various forms of marijuana that relate to age or type of disease.
· Costs of various forms of marijuana compared with costs of existing medications for glaucoma, wasting syndrome, pain, nausea, or other symptoms.
· Assessment of the differences between marijuana and existing medications in terms of access and availability.
These specific areas along with the assessments described above will be integrated into a broad description and assessment of the available literature relevant to the medical use of marijuana.