26. J.J. Esposito. Comment at the Workshop of the IOM Committee on Assessment of Future Scientific Needs for Live Variola Virus, 20 November 1998, Washington, D.C.
27. E. De Clerc q. Antiviral drug discovery. In G.J. Galasso, R.J. Whitley, and T.C. Merigan, eds., Antiviral Agents and Human Viral Diseases. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
28. Physicians' Desk Reference. 52nd ed. Oradell, N.J.: Medical Economics Co., 1998.
29. B.N. Fields, D.M. Knipe, and P.M. Howley. Fields Virology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1996.
30. M.S. Hirsch, B. Conway, R.T. D'Aquila, V.A. Johnson, F. Brun-Vezinet, B. Clotet, et al. Antiretroviral drug resistance testing in adults with HIV infection: Implications for clinical management. International AIDS Society—USA Panel. Journal of the American Medical Association 279(24):1984–1991, 1998.
31. B. Mahy and L.Collier, eds. Virology. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Injections. Vol. 1. London: Oxford University Press, 1998.
32. CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Vaccinia (smallpox) vaccine recommendations of the Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (ACIP). Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 40(R14): 1–10, 1991.
33. R.R. Redfield, D.C. Wright, W.D. James, T.S. Jones, C. Brown, and D.S. Burke. Disseminated vaccinia in a military recruit with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease. New England Journal of Medicine 316(11):673–676, 1987.
34. CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Epidemiologicnotes and reports: Disseminated vaccinia infection in a college student in Tennessee . Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 31 (50):682–683,1982.
35. CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Notice to readers: smallpox vaccine no longer available for civilians—United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 32(29):387, 1983.
36. S.N. Shchelkunov, R.F. Massung, and J.J. Esposito. Comparison of the genome DNA sequences of Bangladesh-1975 and India-1967 variola viruses. Virus Research 36:107–118, 1995.
37. J.J. Esposito. Presentation at the Workshop of the IOM Committee on Assessment of Future Scientific Needs for Live Variola Virus, 20 November 1998, Washington, D.C.
38. R.F. Massung, J.C. Knight, and J.J. Esposito. Topography of variola smallpox virus inverted terminal repeats. Virology 211:350–355, 1995.
39. H. Neubauer, U. Reischl, S. Ropp, J.J. Esposito, H. Wolf, and H. Meyer. Specific detection of monkeypox virus by polymerase chain reaction. Journal of Virological Methods 74(2):201–207, 1998.