The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
MARIJUANA AS MEDICINE?: The Science Beyond the Controversy
3. Sandyk R, Consroe P, Stern P, Biklen D. 1988. “Preliminary trial of cannabidiol in Huntington's disease,” in Marijuana: An International Research Report. Chesher G, Consroe P, Musty R, eds. Canberra, Australia: Australian Government Publishing Service.
4. Consroe P, Laguna J, Allender J, Snider S, Stern L, Sandyk R, Kennedy K, Schram K. 1991. “Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington's disease.” Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior (New York) 40:701-708.
5. Frankel JP, Hughes A, Lees AJ, Stern GM. 1990. “Marijuana for Parkinsonian tremor.” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry 53:436.
6. Hemming M and Yellowlees PM. 1993. “Effective treatment of Tourette's syndrome with marijuana.” Journal of Psychopharmacology 7:389-391; Sandyk R, Awerbuch G. 1988. “Marijuana and Tourette's syndrome.” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 8:444-445.
7. British Medical Association. 1997. Therapeutic Uses of Cannabis. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Harwood Academic Press.
8. Ng SKC, Brust JCM, Hauser WA, Susser M. 1990. “Illicit drug use and the risk of new-onset seizures.” American Journal of Epidemiology 132:47-57.
9. Institute of Medicine. 1999. Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, pp. 170-172.
10. Volicer L, Stelly M, Morris J, McLaughlin J, Volicer BJ. 1997. “Effects of dronabinol on anorexia and disturbed behavior in patients with Alzheimer's disease.” International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 12:913-919.