The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Extending Medicare Coverage for Preventive and Other Services
1. Landis SH, Murray T, Bolden S, Wingo PA. Cancer statistics, 1999. CA Cancer Jr Clin. 1999; 49:8.
2. Ries LAG, Kosary CL, Hankey BF, Miller BA, Edwards BK. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973–95. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1998.
3. Jelfs P, Coates M, Giles G. Cancer in Australia 1989–1990 (with projections to 1995). Canberra, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 1996.
4. Kelly J. Melanoma in the elderly—A neglected public health challenge. Med J Aust 1998; 169:403–404.
5. Dennis LK. Analysis of the melanoma epidemic, both apparent and real: data from the 1973 through 1994 surveillance, epidemiology, and end results program registry. Arch Dermatol, 1999; 135:275–280.
6. Berwick M, Halpern A. Melanoma epidemiology. Curr Opin Oncol. 1997; 9:178–182.
7. Swerlick RA, Chen S. The melanoma epidemic: More apparent than real? Mayo Clin Proc 1997; 72:559–564.
8. Burton R, Armstrong B. Recent incidence trends imply a nonmetastasizing form of invasive melanoma. Melanoma Res 1994; 4:107–113.
9. Swerlick RA, Chen S. The melanoma epidemic. Is increased surveillance the solution or the problem? Arch Dermatol 1996; 132:881–884.
10. Burton R. An analysis of a melanoma epidemic. Int J Cancer 1995; 55:765–770.
11. Gallagher RP, Hill GB, Bajdik CD, et al. Sunlight exposure, pigmentation factors, and risk of nonmelanocytic skin cancer. II. Squamous cell carcinoma. Arch Dermatol 1995; 131:164–169.
12. Green A, Battistutta D, Hart V, Leslie D, Weedon D. Skin cancer in a subtropical Australian population: Incidence and lack of association with occupation. The Nambour Study Group. Am J Epidemiol 1996; 144:1034–1040.
13. Kricker A, English DR, Randell PL, et al. Skin cancer in Geraldton, Western Australia: A survey of incidence and prevalence. Med J Aust 1990; 152:399–407.
14. Chuang TY, Popescu A, Su WP, Chute CG. Basal cell carcinoma. A population-based incidence study in Rochester, Minnesota. J Am Acad Dermatol 1990; 22:413–417.
15. Chuang TY, Popescu NA, Su WP, Chute CG. Squamous cell carcinoma. A population-based incidence study in Rochester, Minnesota. Arch Dermatol 1990; 126:185–188.
16. Karagas MR, Greenberg ER, Spencer SK, Stukel TA, Mott LA. Increase in incidence rates of basal cell and squamous cell skin cancer in New Hampshire, USA. New Hampshire Skin Cancer Study Group. Int J Cancer 1999; 81:555–559.
17. McGovern V, Cochran A, Van der Esch E. The classification of malignant melanoma, its histological reporting and registration: Revision of the 1972 Syndey classification. Pathology 1986; 18:12–21.
18. Hersey P, Sillar RW, Howe CG, et al. Factors related to the presentation of patients with thick primary melanomas. Med J Aust 1991; 154:583–587.
19. Heenan PJ, Yu L, English DR. Melanoma in the elderly—A neglected public health challenge [letter]. Med J Aust 1999; 170:394–395.