impact pressures in the design stage of a ship.
This work was partially supported by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Technology of the Federal Republic of Germany under contract MTK 0577A. The opinions expressed herein are those of the authors.
1. Farmer, J., Martinelli, L., Jameson, A., “Fast multigrid method for solving incompressible hydrodynamic problems with free surface”, AIAA J., Vol. 32, 1994, pp. 1175–1182.
2. Muzaferija, S. and Perić, M., “Computation of free-surface flows using finite volume method and moving grids”, Numer. Heat Transfer, Part B, Vol. 32, 1997, pp. 369–384.
3. Hirt, C.W., and Nichols, B.D., “Volume of fluid (VOF) method for dynamics of free boundaries”, J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 39, 1981, pp. 201–221 ().
4. Harlow, F.H., and Welsh, J.E., “Numerical calculation of time dependent viscous incompressible flow with free surface”, Phys. Fluids, Vol. 8, 1965, pp. 2182–2189.
5. Kawamura, T., and Miyata, H., “Simulation of nonlinear ship flows by density-function method”, J. Soc. Naval Architects Japan, Vol. 176, 1994, pp. 1–10.
6. Lafaurie, B., Nardone, C., Scardovelli, R., Zaleski, S., and Zanetti, G., “Modeling merging and fragmentation in multiphase flows with SURFER”, J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 113, 1994, pp. 134–147.
7. Ubbink, O., Numerical prediction of two fluid systems with sharp interfaces, PhD thesis, University of London, 1997.
8. Muzaferija, S., and Perić, M., “Computation of free surface flows using interface-tracking and interface-capturing methods”, chap. 3 in O.Mahrenholtz and M.Markiewicz (eds.), Nonlinear Water Wave Interaction, Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, 1998.
9. Arai, M., Cheng, L.-Y., and Inoue, Y., “A Computing Method for the Analysis of Water Impact of Arbitrary Shaped Bodies”, J. Society of Naval Architects of Japan, Vol. 176, 1994, p 233.
10. Troesch, A.W., Kang, C.-G., “Evaluation of Impact Loads Associated with Flare Slamming”, J. Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 27, No. 3, 1990, p 56.
11. Zhao, R., Faltinsen, O.M., and Aarsens, J., “Water entry of arbitrary two-dimensional sections with and without flow separation”, Proceedings of the Twenty-First Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics, Trondheim, June 24–28, 1996.
12. Schumann, C., “Volume-of-fluid Computations of Water Entry of Bow Sections”, Proceedings of EUROMECH 374, Poitiers, April 1998.
13. Sames, P.C., Schellin, T.E, Muzaferija, S., and Perić, M., “Application of a Two-Fluid Finite Volume Method to Ship Slamming”, for presentation at 17th Int. Con. Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE), Lisbon, July 1998.
14. Demirdžić, I., Muzaferija, S., and Perić, M., “Advances in computation of heat transfer, fluid flow, and solid body deformation using finite volume approach”, in W.J.Minkowycz, E.M.Sparrow (eds.), Advances in Numerical Heat Transfer, chap. 2, pp. 59–96, Taylor and Francis, New York, 1996.
15. Leonard, B.P, “Bounded higher-order upwind multidimensional finite-volume convection-diffusion algorithms”, in W.J.Minkowycz, E.M.Sparrow (eds.), Advances in Numerical Heat Transfer, chap. 1, pp. 1–57, Taylor and Francis, New York, 1996.