(b) ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS- Such section is further amended by adding at the end the following new subsections:
‘(j) EMPHASIS ON SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE- The Secretary of Agriculture shall ensure that grants made under subsections (b) and (c) are, where appropriate, consistent with the development of systems of sustainable agriculture. For purposes of this section, the term ‘sustainable agriculture’ has the meaning given that term in section 1404(17) of the National Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching Policy Act of 1977 (7 U.S.C. 3103(17)).
‘(k) REPORTS- The Secretary of Agriculture shall prepare and submit to Congress on January 1 of each year a report on awards made under subsections (b) and (c) during the previous fiscal year.
‘(l) CONSULTATION WITH TECHNOLOGY BOARD- The Secretary of Agriculture may consult with the Agricultural Science and Technology Review Board regarding the policies, priorities, and operation of subsections (b) and (c).’.
(c) STYLISTIC AMENDMENTS- Such section is further amended—
(1) by striking ‘SEC. 2. (a)’ and inserting the following:
‘SEC. 2. COMPETITIVE, SPECIAL, AND FACILITIES RESEARCH GRANTS.
‘(a) ESTABLISHMENT OF GRANT PROGRAM-‘;
(2) in subsection (d), by inserting ‘FACILITIES GRANTS-‘ after ‘(d)’;
(3) in subsection (e), by inserting ‘RECORD KEEPING-‘ after ‘(e)’;
(4) in subsection (f), by inserting ‘LIMITS ON OVERHEAD COSTS- ‘ after ‘(f)’;
(5) in subsection (g), by inserting ‘AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS-‘ after ‘(g)’;
(6) in subsection (h), by inserting ‘RULES- ‘after ‘(h)’; and (7) in subsection (i), by inserting ‘APPLICATION OF OTHER LAWS- ‘after ‘(i)’.