Priority Environmental Interests of Supreme Leader and Opportunities for Cooperation (2015)
- Preparation of ecological atlases of Iran as the basis for conservation, restoration, improvement, and development of resources such as lakes, rivers, dams, wetlands, underground water, forests, rangelands, biodiversity, and wildlife.
- Conservation of genetic resources and improvement of these resources to attract international interest.
- Management of environmental threats such as desertification, dust storms, droughts, and carriers of infectious agents.
- Establishment of low-carbon industries, clean energy, healthy and organic agriculture, and effective waste management.
- Development of green, non-fossil fuel as the basis for public transportation systems.
- Balancing use of ground-water while preserving its availability and quality through watershed and aquifer management together with reduction of water usage, evaporation, and seepage of pollutants into aquifers.
- Preparation of an environmental code of ethics and promotion of an environmental culture based on Iranian-Islamic values.
- Establishment of regional organizations to combat dust storms and water pollution.
Source: Declaration by Supreme Leader on November 15, 2015. These eight points were selected from a longer list of points, based on their relevance to interests of the United States.
This page intentionally left blank.