An ad hoc committee will plan and convene a 1-day public workshop that will explore the potential impact of addressing non-medical, health-related social needs on improving population health and reducing health care spending in a value-driven health care delivery system.
The workshop will feature invited presentations and discussion that will explore the following questions:
- What are effective practices to address non-medical, health-related social needs?
- What is the evidence base to support the use of these practices?
- What next steps or actions should be considered to further the dissemination and uptake of best practices?
- Are there methodologies for assessing the return on investment for these practices?
- What are the gaps in the evidence base and related research?
The planning committee will plan and organize the workshop, select and invite speakers and discussants, and moderate discussions. A proceedings of the presentations and discussion at the workshop will be prepared by a designated rapporteur in accordance with institutional guidelines.
This page intentionally left blank.