An ad hoc committee will plan and host a 1-day public workshop that will examine key challenges and opportunities for improving care for mental health and substance use disorders. The workshop will feature invited presentations and panel discussions drawn from the following topic areas:
- Promoting person-centered care, patient and family member engagement, and shared decision making.
- Defining what constitutes minimally adequate care for mental health and substance use disorders for different types of providers and in different care settings.
- Identifying promising strategies to translate knowledge to practice and to monitor implementation.
- Highlighting innovative practices to facilitate and optimize data collection, integration, and use.
- Improving care spanning the medical, mental health, and substance use disorder workforce and care delivery systems.
The committee will develop the agenda for the workshop sessions, select and invite speakers and discussants, and moderate the discussions. A proceedings of the presentations and discussions at the workshop will be prepared by a designated rapporteur in accordance with institutional guidelines.
This page intentionally left blank.