1. Science: The End of the Frontier? A report from Leon M. Lederman, President-Elect, American Association for the Advancement of Science, to the Board of Directors, January 1991.
2. Federally Funded Research: Decisions for a Decade; U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment, OTA-SET-490, May 1991.
3. The Crisis in Earth and Space Science: A Time for a New Commitment; A report by the Space and Earth Science Advisory Committee, NASA Advisory Council, November 1986.
4. Toward a New Era in Space: Realigning Policies to New Realities; Recommendations for President-Elect George Bush by the Committee on Space Policy, National Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Engineering, 1988.
5. NASA Survey of the Space Physics Community, M. Mellott, NASA Space Physics Division, 1991.
6. Setting Priorities for Space Research: Opportunities and Imperatives; Space Studies Board, National Research Council, 1992.
7. Little Science, Big Science . . . and Beyond; Derek J. De Solla Price, Columbia University Press, New York, 1986.
8. Assessment of Programs in Solar and Space Physics; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Studies Board, and Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Research, Board on Atmospheric Sciences and Climate, National Research Council, 1991.
9. Space Physics Strategy-Implementation Study; The NASA Space Physics Program for 1995 to 2010; Vol. 1: Goals, Objectives, Strategy; Vol. 2: Program Plan, April 1991.
10. Federal Funds for Research and Development: Detailed Historical Tables, Fiscal Years 1995-1990; Division of Science Resources Studies, National Science Foundation, 1991.
11. Science and Engineering Indicators; National Science Board, 10th Edition, 1991.
12. The Chronicle of Higher Education, March 28, 1990.
13. A Strategy for the Explorer Program for Solar and Space Physics; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Studies Board, National Research Council, 1984.
14. Quick Is Beautiful; by Freeman Dyson in Highlights of Modern Astrophysics Concepts and Controversies, S. L. Shapiro and S. A. Teukolsky, eds., John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986.
15. Origin of Plasmas in the Earth's Neighborhood; Final report of the Science Definition Working Group, NASA, April 1979.
16. Solar System Space Physics in the 1980's: A Research Strategy; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Sciences Board, National Research Council, 1980.