424 pages | 6 x 9
• The role and impact of the emergency department within the larger hospital and health care system.
• Patient flow and information technology.
• Workforce issues across multiple disciplines.
• Patient safety and the quality and efficiency of emergency care services.
• Basic, clinical, and health services research relevant to emergency care.
• Special challenges of emergency care in rural settings.
Hospital-Based Emergency Care is one of three books in the Future of Emergency Care series. This book will be of particular interest to emergency care providers, professional organizations, and policy makers looking to address the deficiencies in emergency care systems.