21. Stein, S. and E.A. Okal. 2007. Ultralong period seismic study of the December 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and implications for regional tectonics and the subduction process: The 2004 Sumatra-Andaman earthquake and the Indian Ocean tsunami. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 97(1A):S279-S295.
22. McCaffrey, R. 2008. Global frequency of magnitude 9 earthquakes. Geology 36(3):263-266.
23. Dengler, L., B. Uslu, A. Barberopoulou, J. Borrero, and C.E. Synolakis. 2008. The vulnerability of Crescent City, California, to tsunamis generated by earthquakes in the Kuril Islands region of the northwestern Pacific. Seismological Research Letters 79(5):608-619.
24. Nanayama, F., K. Satake, R. Furukawa, K. Shimokawa, B.F. Water, K. Shingeno, and S. Yamaki. 2003. Unusually large earthquakes inferred from tsunami deposits along the Kuril Trench. Nature 424:660-663.
25. Sawai, Y., K Sataki, T. Kamataki, H. Nasu, M. Shishikura, B.F. Atwater, B.P. Horton, H.M. Kelsey, T. Nagumo, and M. Yamaguchi. 2004. Transient uplift after a 17th-century earthquake along the Kuril subduction zone. Science 306(5703):1918-1920.
26. Hashimoto, C., A. Noda, T. Sagiya, and M. Matsu’ura. 2009. Interplate seismogenic zones along the Kuril-Japan trench inferred from GPS data inversion. Nature Geoscience 2:141-144.
27. Arcas, D., B. Uslu, V.V. Titov, and C. Chamberlin. 2008. Tsunami hazard assessment in Guam. EOS, Transactions, American Geophysical Union 89:OS42B-06.
28. Uyeda, S. and H. Kanamori. 1979. Back-arc opening and the mode of subduction. Journal of Geophysical Research 84(B3):1049-1061.
29. Baptista, M.A. and J.M. Miranda. 2009. Evaluation of the 1755 earthquake source using tsunami modeling: The 1755 Lisbon earthquake: Revisited. Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering 7:425-432.
30. Barkan, R., U.S. ten Brink, and J. Lin. 2009. Far field tsunami simulations of the 1755 Lisbon earthquake: Implications for tsunami hazard to the U.S. East Coast and the Caribbean. Marine Geology 264:109-122.
31. González, F.I., B.L. Sherrod, B.F. Atwater, A.P. Frankel, S.P. Palmer, M.L. Holmes, R.E. Karlin, B.E. Jaffe, V.V. Titov, H.O. Mofjeld, and A.J. Venturato. 2003. Puget Sound Tsunami Sources—2002 Workshop Report. U.S. National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland.
32. Bucknam, R.C., E. Hemphill-Haley, and E.B. Leopold. 1992. Abrupt uplift within the past 1700 years at southern Puget Sound, Washington. Science 258(5088):1611-1614.
33. Jacoby, G.C., P.L. Williams, and B.M. Buckley. 1992. Tree ring correlation between prehistoric landslides and abrupt tectonic events in Seattle, Washington. Science 258(5088):1621-1623.
34. Kelsey, H.M., B.L. Sherrod, A.R. Nelson, and T.M. Brocher. 2008. Earthquakes generated from bedding plane-parallel reverse faults above an active wedge thrust, Seattle fault zone. Geological Society of America Bulletin 120:1581-1597.
35. Miller, D.J. 1960. Giant waves in Lituya Bay, Alaska. U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 0354 C:51-86.
36. Simkin, T. and R.S. Fiske (Eds.). 1983. Krakatau 1883: The Volcanic Eruption and Its Effects. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, DC.
37. Haflidason, H., R. Lien, H.P. Sejrup, C.F. Forsberg, and P. Bryn. 2005. The dating and morphometry of the Storegga Slide. Marine and Petroleum Geology 22(1-2):123-136.
38. Bondevik, S., J. Mangerud, S. Dawson, A. Dawson, and O. Lohne. 2003. Record-breaking height for 8000-year-old tsunami in the North Atlantic. EOS Transactions American Geophysical Union 84(31):289-293.
39. Smith, D.E., S. Shi, R.A. Cullingford, A.G. Dawson, S. Dawson, C.R. Firth, I.D.L. Foster, P.T. Fretwell, B.A. Haggart, L.K. Holloway, and D. Long. 2004. The Holocene Storegga Slide tsunami in the United Kingdom. Quaternary Science Reviews 23(23-24):2291-2321.
40. McMurtry, G.M., G.J Fryer, D.R. Tappin, I.P. Wilkinson, M. Williams, J. Fietzke, D. Garbe-Schoenberg, and P. Watts. 2004. Megatsunami deposits on Kohala Volcano, Hawaii, from flank collapse of Mauna Loa. Geology 32(9):741-744.
41. Goff, J., W.C. Dudley, M.J. de Maintenon, G. Cain, and J.P. Coney. 2006. The largest local tsunami in 20th century Hawaii. Marine Geology 226(1-2):65-79.
42. Gisler, G., R. Weaver, and M.L. Gittings. 2006. SAGE calculations of the tsunami threat from La Palma. Science of Tsunami Hazards 24(4):288-301.
43. Plafker, G., R. Kachadoorian, E.B. Eckel, and L.R. Mayo. 1969. Effects of the earthquake of March 27, 1964 on various communities. U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper P 0542-G:G1-G50.