Twenty-First Symposium on NAVAL HYDRODYNAMICS
The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Walden for his encouragement and support, Dr. Stuart Jessup for his technical discussions and support and James Diggs and Dave Fishpaw for their technical support in carrying out the experiment.
1. Lock, C.N.H., “Photographs of Streamers Illustrating the Flow Around an Airscrew in the ‘Vortex Ring State',” Br. ARC R&M 1167 ( 1928).
2. Durand, W.F. ed., Aerodynamic Theory, Vol. IV, Dover Publication, Inc., New York, ( 1963).
3. Hampton, G.A., “Open Water Force and Moment Characteristics on Three Propellers in a Crashback Condition,” DTMB Report CRDKNSWC/HD-1126– 01 ( 1995).
4. Liu, H.L. and M.S.Chang, “Sailplane Vortex Measured by Particle Displacement Velocimetry,” Symp. on Laser Anemometry, ASME Fluid Engineering Division Summer Meeting, Lake Tahoe, NV ( June 1994).
5. Fu, T.C., “Quantitative Visualization of Three-Dimensional Flow Separation and Vortex Structures by Particle Displacement Velocimetry,” Ph.D. Dissertation, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland ( 1993).
6. Liu, H.L. and T.C.Fu, “PDV Measurement of Vortical Structures in the DTMB Rotating Arm Facility, ” DTMB Report CRDKNSWC/HD-1416– 02 ( 1994).
7. Adrain, R., “Particle-Imaging Techniques for Experimental Fluid Mechanics,” Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech., Vol. 23, pp.261–304 ( 1991).
8. Landreth, C.C., R.J.Adrain, and C.S.Yao, “Double Pulsed Particle Image Velocimeter With Directional Resolution for Complex Flows,” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 6, pp.119–128 ( 1988).
9. Dong R., S.Chu, and J.Katz, “Quantitative Visualization of the Flow Structure Within the Volute of a Centrifugal Pump,” J. Fluid Engineering, Vol. 114, pp.390–395 ( 1992).