9. Zhou Y. and Antonia, R.A., 1993, “A Study of Turbulent Vortices in the Near Wake of a Cylinder,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 253, pp. 643–661.
10. Germano, M., Piomelli, U., Moin, P., and Cabot W.H., 1991, “A Dynamic Subgrid-Scale Eddy Viscosity Model,” Physics of Fluids, A. 3, pp. 1760–1765.
11. Jordan, S.A., 1994, “The Large-Eddy Simulation of Incompressible Flows in Simple and Complex Geometries,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
12. Vinokur, M. 1974, “Conservative Form of Gas Dynamics Equations,” La Recherche Aerospatiale, No. 1974–1, pp. 65–68.
13. Kim, J. and Moin, P., 1985, “Application of a Fractional-Step Method to Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 59, pp. 308–310.
14. Jordan, S.A. and Ragab, S.A., 1994, “An Efficient Fractional-Step Technique for Unsteady Three-Dimensional Flows,” Journal of Computational Physics, (accepted).
15. Lilly, D.K., 1992, “A Proposed Modification of the Germano Subgrid-Scale Closure Method, ” Physics of Fluids, A. 4, pp. 633–635.
16. Bouard, R. and Coutanceau, M., 1980, “The Early Stage of Development of the Wake Behind an Impulsively Started Cylinder for 40<Re <104,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 101, pp. 583–607.
17. Gerrard, J.H., “The Wakes of Cylindrical Bluff Bodies at Low Reynolds Number,” Phil. Transactions Royal Society of London, Vol. 288, pp. 351–382.
18. Karniadakis, G.E. and Triantafyllou, G.S., 1992, “Three-Dimensional Dynamics and Transition to Turbulence in the Wake of Bluff Bodies,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 238, pp. 1–30.
19. Norberg, C., 1992, “Pressure Forces on a Circular Cylinder in Cross Flow,” IUTAM Symposium on Bluff-Body Wakes, Dynamics and Instabilities, ed. Eckelmann et al., Springer-Verlag, pp. 275–278.
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Large-Eddy Simulation of the Vortical Motion Resulting from Flow over Bluff Bodies ."
Twenty-First Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: