An ad hoc committee will plan and host a 1.5-day public workshop that will examine the optimal conditions and components for a successful patient navigation program in oncology. The workshop will feature invited presentations and panel discussions on topics that may include
- stakeholder perspectives on the rationale for and appropriate role of navigation programs;
- how patients access and use navigation programs;
- how target population, setting, and resources influence program design;
- models of navigation programs through the full spectrum of cancer care; and
- potential ways to address knowledge gaps to improve the implementation and effectiveness of navigation programs.
The committee will develop the agenda for the workshop sessions, select and invite speakers and discussants, and moderate the discussions. A proceedings of the presentations and discussions at the workshop will be prepared by a designated rapporteur in accordance with institutional guidelines.
This page intentionally left blank.