• Tatsuya Taminami, Group Manager, Nuclear Security and Industrial Safety Management Group, Nuclear Power Plant Management Department, TEPCO
• Toshihiro Funahashi, Senior Staff, Emergency Response Training Group, Nuclear Emergency Response and Preparedness Department, Incorporated Administrative Agency, JNES
• Toshimitsu Homma, Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)
• Kazumi Miyagi, Assistant Director-General, Nuclear Energy Response and Preparedness Department, Incorporated Administrative Agency, JNES
• Tatsujiro Suzuki, Vice Chairman, Japan Atomic Energy Commission Central
• Tomoho Yamada, Secretariat of Nuclear Regulation Authority
• Tetsuro Yamaguchi, Deputy Director, Nuclear Emergency Preparedness Division, Secretariat of NRA
Academia/Professional Organizations and Societies
• Takashi Sawada, Secretary General, Director, Atomic Energy Society of Japan
• Ayao Tsuge, President, The Japan Federation of Engineering Societies
Session 3: Accident Management and Operator Training
Moderator: Emilie Roth, committee member
Rapporteur: Najm Meshkati, committee member
1. Was the organizational structure and staffing within the plant sufficient to cope with severe accidents, in particular co-incident failures or events impacting two or more plants on the same site? Was essential information about the state and operations of the units passed on efficiently from one shift to the next?
2. Can you explain the chain of decision making/command for emergency response that was specified in regulatory and TEPCO policies and procedures (e.g., Nuclear Emergency Preparedness Act, Nuclear Operator Emergency Action Plan, Nuclear Emergency Response Manual)?